Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I knit at traffic lights

Well, what else am I supposed to do when 15 of the 22 miles I drive to work have traffic lights? I must have ADD, because I get bored sitting at traffic lights, even though I have a book on CD going. I always have something in progress that has plain stockinette or a simple knit/purl pattern, and when it takes me an hour to get to work, like it did two days in a row last week, I don't get all crazy-mad about it because I have my knitting to keep me busy.

My Traffic Light Knitting is also my Magic Knitting. If traffic is really slow, I pull out the Magic Knitting so I'll be ready when it stops, and like magic, the traffic clears up! (True, it doesn't always work, but the two days last week were beyond even the powers of the Magic Knitting.) Next on the agenda: world peace.

Today, Stephanie had the medals ceremony for the Knitting Olympics. OK, it was only a blog entry with a button to use, but I was quite moved. Here, in all its glory, is my gold medal in the knitting and felting event:



Thank you, thank you, everyone.

No comments: